BASIC STATEMENT of FAITH
Basic Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired Word of God and our standard for faith and practice. We believe that Scripture has been given not only to inform but also to equip us to do the work of God.
2. We believe in the eternal Trinity - The Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth of Christ, and that Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and man.
4. We believe that the Death of Christ upon Calvary's Cross was the only sacrifice for the sins of the whole world and that it is only effective in the lives of those individuals who through faith have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
5. We believe in miracles and in supernatural endowments (Gifts) by the Holy Spirit upon the Church today.
6. We believe in the Blessed Hope - the rapture of the church. We believe the rapture to be pre-tribulation.
7. We believe in the ordinance of baptism in water by immersion, and that baptism is a direct commandment of our Lord and is for believers only.
8. We believe the ordinance of the Lord's Supper is a commandment of our Savior, and being a memorial of His death, is limited to Christian believers.